If you’re looking for an easy and fast method to build a website then this article will show you how to make a website in less than an hour. You can forget about the myths you have been told in the past, like you have to learn HTML or employ an expert web designer to get your site online – this is definitely not the case.
It’s true that you can make a site in less than an hour using free services available on the Internet including WordPress. Setting up a WordPress site is easy as1-2-3.
The First Step Choosing the Right Domain Name
The first step is to find a great domain name. It is possible to register your domain name using “Name Cheap which is a very affordable service. However, before you do think about it, take time to consider your domain name as there are many aspects to take into consideration.
- Your domain name should be a reflection of your website’s content and convey to the world what your website is all about.
- Your domain name must contain your website’s most relevant keyword phrase to improve rankings on search engines.
- Your domain name should be easy to remember.
- Your domain name should only contain letters in order to avoid any confusion.
- Your domain name shouldn’t contain abbreviations in order to avoid any confusion.
A good domain name will be easily remembered and even guessed by potential visitors . It contains your most relevant key phrase.
Step Two: Choosing an Excellent Web Host
Your next step will be to choose a high-quality web hosting service. There are numerous free hosting services on the Internet however, if you’re developing your website for commercial purposes do not make your website available to any host that is free.
In order to build credibility it is essential put money into your domain and professional web hosting. Websites hosted on free servers are not taken seriously and can result in a severe loss of business.
Here are some of the most important features to look out for when selecting a web host:
- 24/7 reliable tech support
- Your domain name is your own
- Depending how big your site you will require a minimum kissanime of 50MB of server space with the option to upgrade later if needed
- Unlimited real POP email accounts
- Unlimited email aliases
- Email forwarding
- Unlimited autoresponders
- Your own unrestricted CGI-Bin
- Access to SSL Encryption for secure transactions
- The ability to access an online shopping cart
- MySQL Database
- Htaccess password protection
- Server Side Includes (SSI) support
- Design (and upload to) your website with HTML editing software
- Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions to users using FrontPage
- Unlimited free access to your server via FTP
- Unlimited access to your website via an internet-based control panel
- Simple access to your log documents
- Visits to your site
- No hidden fees
There are a lot of good web hosts on the Internet which are reasonably priced. Conduct some research to find the right host for your needs.
Step 3: Create a Website
After you have obtained an domain name as well as a host, the final stage is to design your site. Go to the WordPress org site to download the program. It’s free of dime and will provide you with a professional web page in no time.
After that, install the software and then connect to the server. They provide great instructions, and you shouldn’t have any problems. However, if there is something you’d prefer, you can always host your website with one of the WordPress hosting recommendations, since they have an easy installation option.
After the software has been installed, log into your administrator account by entering your domain’s address followed by /wp_admin. After that, you can choose Theme, which is the layout of your website. Click on the ‘Appearance’ tab from the left menu.
And finally, click on “Posts” and then “Add New’ to make your first post. Write your content in The text editor. You can then then format it to suit your needs. Select the ‘Preview’ button to the right to preview how your content will appear. When you’re ready , add it to your new website, click on ‘Publish.’